SEX ADDICTION SELF-ASSESSMENT
Among the behaviors engaged in by sex addicts are:
- repeated use of pornography
- virtual sex through on-line chat rooms, instant messaging, etc.
- phone sex
- paying for sex through escort services and other forms of prostitution
- cruising for sex
- sex with anonymous partners
- sex with colleagues, clients, family friends, family members
- compulsive masturbation
- serial monogamy – a history of short-lived, romantic, sexual relationships
- sexual fetishes
Of course, most sex addicts do not engage in all of these behaviors. Some engage in only one form of destructive sexual behavior. What is important in determining if one is addicted to sex is whether the behavior is compulsive – that is, is the person able to stop the behavior on his/her own for an extended period of time without going through intense struggle, without obsessing about the behavior, and without replacing the behavior with another addictive-type behavior?
Sex Addiction Screening Test
By Patrick Carnes
Feel free use the assessment as a guide to help you identify if there is an issue with your sexual behavior.